- About us
- FCH regions
- RCS Strategy Coordination Group
- European Hydrogen Safety Panel
- Guarantees of origin for Hydrogen
- FCH Value chain
- Funding & Financing
- 1000 Solutions Initiative
- European Hydrogen Refuelling Station Availability System
- Mission Innovation "Hydrogen Valleys"
- Tools for Innovation Monitoring
- Stakeholder Forum
- Programme Review
- CALLS FOR PROPOSALS & PROCUREMENTS
- NEWS, EVENTS & MEDIA
- AWARDS 2018
Launch of REVIVE project - for the validation and deployment of fuel cell refuse trucks in Europe
The launch of a groundbreaking project targeting sustainable and clean urban waste transportation in Europe took place on the 17th of January 2018 in Brussels (Belgium): REVIVE, which stands for Refuse Vehicle Innovation and Validation in Europe. REVIVE’s overall objective is to be the largest demonstration of fuel cell-range extender trucks to date, one of very few options for the decarbonization of heavy duty vehicles. For urban trucks, there is an increasing need for zero emission solutions to comply with upcoming access restrictions imposed by cities as part of pollution reduction strategies. The REVIVE project will serve as a major step towards the commercialization of fuel cell refuse trucks and developing technology ready for application to all truck types which is able to meet the needs of heavy duty transport operators.
Full press release here.