- About us
- FCH regions
- RCS Strategy Coordination Group
- European Hydrogen Safety Panel
- Guarantees of origin for Hydrogen
- FCH Value chain
- Funding & Financing
- 1000 Solutions Initiative
- European Hydrogen Refuelling Station Availability System
- Mission Innovation "Hydrogen Valleys"
- Tools for Innovation Monitoring
- Stakeholder Forum
- Programme Review
- CALLS FOR PROPOSALS & PROCUREMENTS
- NEWS, EVENTS & MEDIA
- AWARDS 2018
Fuel Cell Electric Buses – Potential for Sustainable Public Transport in Europe
This report provides an outlook for jointly achieving a commercialisation pathway.
Building on the findings of the 2012 FCH JU technology study on alternative powertrains for urban buses, this report provides an assessment of the commercialisation pathway from an operational perspective. It reflects the actual situation in which operators deploy large scale demonstration projects in the next years from a rather conservative angle and argues why it makes sense to deploy FC buses now. The insights are based on first-hand data and assessments of the coalition members from the hydrogen and fuel cell industry as well as local governments and public transport operators in Europe.
If you would like to have more information on FCE buses, the FCH JU is putting the following tools at your disposal:
- Calculate the costs for your specific location with this tool
- Check your readiness level with this tool
Join a national cluster (UK, GER, BEN, NORTH EUR and FR) gathering cities and operators interested by Hydrogen Buses
FCH JU funded studies