- About us
- FCH regions
- RCS Strategy Coordination Group
- European Hydrogen Safety Panel
- Guarantees of origin for Hydrogen
- FCH Value chain
- Funding & Financing
- 1000 Solutions Initiative
- European Hydrogen Refuelling Station Availability System
- Mission Innovation "Hydrogen Valleys"
- Tools for Innovation Monitoring
- Stakeholder Forum
- Programme Review
- CALLS FOR PROPOSALS & PROCUREMENTS
- NEWS, EVENTS & MEDIA
- AWARDS 2018
Strategies for joint procurement of fuel cell buses
This report summarises the efforts in setting up a joint procurement strategy for the purchase of fuel cell buses in clusters in Europe (Benelux, France, Germany, Northern Europe and UK).
Building on the findings of the 2015 FCH JU commercialisation study and working with the clusters, the report also outlines the efforts undertaken to build up the demand. The results indicate that a European effort can be very effective in increasing the demand to where significant price reductions can be achieved, increasing interest from more bus manufacturers and fostering competition in this field, and instituting a first-of-a-kind effort at standardising bus specifications for the purpose of implementing joint procurements.
FCH JU funded studies